Sunday, December 26, 2010

MAJOR AP: Christmas Edition

We've been pretty lazy with this site, I know.

I've been riding less often since I've been using an unwieldy loaner bike as of late (and busting my ass doing p90x).

However, I recently purchased this fuckworthy fixie frameset along with wheels, a headset, and most of the other components I need:



With the help of my more bike literate friends, I hope to have this in commission by the end of the week. And I hope to start riding way more.

When I was riding up Peachtree earlier tonight, I couldn't help but notice the overzealous holiday decorating that took place in Downtown and Midtown. And I loved it. So like a nostalgic suburban dad, I returned to the scene with my camera, eager to capture whatever this weird mid- to late-December spectacle is. For some people it's an lengthy shopping spree, for some it's a religious holiday of serious spiritual import, for some an awkward half-month [this year] following Channukah, for some (most) a tedious exercise in feigning familial cohesion. Whatever the shit it is, I like the lights, and the music makes me smile:















This is only blurry on account of a cop giving me shit. Seriously, dude? Two sizes too small...


And I leave you with this:


- Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment